7 Foods That can Help Burn Fat In SummerSummer is here and if you have been feeling wistful over not being able to wear your #bikini, it’s not too late. A magazine quoted dietician Dr Carrie Ruxton as saying, “Metabolism is what converts food into energy. A slow rate means calories are more likely to be converted into fat.” While exercise helps, and so does portion control, here are those foods that can help and act as the the biggest metabolism boosters.
1. #Apples: These are said to be nutrient-rich and contain enough fiber to keep the digestion healthy. A tip? Eating an apple just 20 minutes before your meal will make you eat lesser calories in your main meal.
2. #Turkey: This is regarded as a good alternative to chicken as it is lower in calories and higher in proteins and nutrients. It’s said that 5 ounces of turkey contains just 175 calories and 10 grams of fat.
3. #Broccoli: Adding more broccoli to your diet can help you lose that weight as it is a low-calorie food that can help you fill up quickly. A single cup of steamed broccoli gives you about twice the amount of vitamins C and K you need in a day. It also is a very good source of vitamins B6 and B2, phosphorus, magnesium, protein and omega-3 fatty acids.
4. #Almonds: Almonds can speed up metabolism like no other. They are also associated with with reducing cholesterol and lowering blood sugar.
5. #Peppers: Bell peppers are great for weight loss. They can fill out any dish without adding the calories and have a small amount of fat burning capsaicin in them.
6. #Pulses: Legumes or pulses like soya beans and kidney beans have key nutrients like iron, vitamins of B group and dietary fiber. Pulses help maintain regular bowel movement because the texture of the fibre helps it move through the digestive system quickly.
7. #GreenTea: Is another substance that can be added to the diet that can increase the metabolic rate. Green tea has EGCG in its composition. This substance helps to increase the body and the rate that the nervous system functions. It in turn increases the metabolism.
Folic Acid – What it Does:Promotes Healthy Skin, Protects Against Parasites and Food Poisoning, Helps Ward off Anemia, & Fights Against Birth Defects. What It’s In:Leafy Green Veggies, Carrots, Artichokes, Fruit, Cantaloupe, Avocados, Apricots, Beans, Lentils, Soybeans, Garbanzos, Barley, & Whole Wheat. In other words its foods that can help.